- #GOODFRIDAY – GOOD FRIDAY – #SENIORALIEN – SENIOR ALIEN – WHOLE PATIENCE:
Good Friday is the Friday before Easter Sunday. It is observed in commemoration of crucifixion of Jesus. Friday, April 03, 2015 is observed as #GoodFriday and I would examine the Son of Man, a native of Nazareth, Galilee to know, and to understand the quality, the ability, or the fact of “PATIENCE.” I am using the phrase “WHOLE PATIENCE” for Jesus had clearly demonstrated His other abilities and He had several other options if He chose not to wait, not to tolerate, not to succumb, and not to experience the horrors of pain and humiliation imposed on this Good Friday. Today, #SeniorAlien(Non-Immigrant Alien living in the United States) is beholding the Son of Man to learn the Art of Patience.
- WHOLE CHRIST – WHOLE LOVE – WHOLE REDEEMER:
Good Friday is of very special interest to man for it reveals God’s costly plan for redemption of man. The word redemption means release, or freedom on payment of a price and man’s freedom or deliverance, or liberation involved the greatest possible depth of suffering. The price paying concept lies at the heart of redemption which is a costly action. For man is a “SLAVE” to sin, to set him free, a ransom-price is paid. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”(Gospel According to Saint Mark, Chapter 10, verse#45) The emphasis is on the giving of Life and #GoodFriday is a completed act for Jesus had paid the ransom-price. Jesus performed this action with Whole Patience. It is immaterial as to whom Christ paid this price. For man the only concern is to experience the results of this full redemption by receiving God’s grace and mercy through “WholeChrist-WholeLove.”
Endurance is the ability to stand pain, distress, and fatigue; it is the ability to resist and withstand suffering and hardship with fortitude and patience.
Endurance speaks of the ability to hold up under pain, to tolerate, to put up with, to bear pain without flinching. It is the Will, ability, quality, or fact of waiting without complaint. It demands steadiness, perseverance, self-control, resoluteness in the face of grave provocation. This ability to bear suffering results from firm, sustained courage and it is a mistake to interpret endurance as cowardice.
On Good Friday, the Son of Man was a picture of STOICISM and displayed grit, courage that refuses to succumb under any circumstances, a courage that involves utmost indifference to personal pain and suffering.
On Good Friday, Jesus was repeatedly taunted, mocked, and ridiculed by people, by criminals, by officials, by soldiers, by high priest, King Herod, and Roman Governor Pontius Pilate. The ultimate act of indignity was that of calling Him, “THE KING OF THE JEWS” showing utter contempt for His failure to save His own life and get away from the Cross on which He was nailed.
On Good Friday, Jesus did not rebuke the people who offended and punished Him. Jesus did not express any desire to retaliate against them, and did not express any thoughts or feelings of Self-Pity. Jesus after His crucifixion said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”( The Gospel According to Saint Luke, Chapter 23, verse#34)
- ECCE HOMO – “BEHOLD THE MAN”:
- There is no easy cure, and there is no easy remedy for man’s problems for man’s problem is that of alienation or estrangement from his own true or real nature that God implanted in man while making man in His own image. Man lives as an ‘alien’ for man has lost his connection with his own LORD God Creator. The divine nature of the Son of Man becomes self-evident when man learns the Art of Patience and Endurance. I ask my readers to ‘Behold The Man’ and see His Patience, Fortitude, Forbearance, Perseverance, Calmness, Steadiness, Strength, Self-Control, and His resolute Endurance.
- On this #GoodFriday, I am sharing a collection of images that depict Jesus when Roman Governor Pontius Pilate presented Him to a mob of people who gathered outside the palace shouting to crucify Jesus. #SENIORALIEN has no access to care or comfort while he faces the difficult problems of his simple, physical existence. #SeniorAlien understands the proverb that instructs man to endure problems that cannot be cured.
GREAT LAKES PROGRAM SERVICE CENTER – NOTICE OF SLAVERY AWARD: I want to tell my readers that the purpose of this article is not that of blaming any person who serves in the Social Security Administration(SSA). I truly appreciate their service and their contributions to the country and to the community. It is recognized that SSA has to perform its functions using the rules and regulations formulated by the applicable US laws passed by the US Congress. Ultimately, the problems reported in this article can only be resolved if the US Congress reviews the 1996 amendment to the Social Security Act of 1945. This article pertains to a Senior Alien who received his Medicare Card with Medicare coverage effective from 07-01-2013 and has his claim approved for retirement benefit and yet the Social Security Administration has suspended the payment of monthly benefit. The issue is now at SSA’s Office of Disability Adjudication and Review(ODAR), Livonia, Michigan and will be reviewed by an Administrative Law Judge.
The word ‘DECISION’ is defined as the act of deciding a question or a claim by giving a judgment; it is a conclusion made with firmness of mind, and it describes a determination reached or given. Social Security Administration, Great Lakes Program Service Center made a “DECISION” and sent a Notice of Award on August 16, 2014. This could be a very historical decision for it overturns the Emancipation Proclamation made by the US President Abraham Lincoln to abolish Slavery in the United States.
The Notice of Award communicated the ‘Decision’, the Determination, or Conclusion reached by Social Security Administration(SSA), Great Lakes Program Service Center, Harold Washington Social Security Center, 600 West Madison Street, Chicago IL 60661-2474 on August 16, 2014.
1. The Decision has approved the applicant’s Claim for Retirement Benefit and the entitlement date is given as October 2014. It further added the applicant’s current monthly benefit rate of $1347.80. SSA issued a Medicare Card to the Senior Alien and the Medicare coverage is effective from 07-01-2013. However, the Decision is silent or mute for it has not shared any fact or information that has guided the Decision-making process and it fails to establish the legal basis and information that shaped this judgment. For reasons of fairness, clarity and to ensure the practice of the principle called ‘Equal Protection Under Law’, the Decision must explain the legal basis for this approval. The Decision must disclose the US Law that may provide the authority or sanctioning power to arrive at the Decision that grants the approval of the Claim for Social Security Retirement Insurance Benefit.
2. The Part-2 of the above Decision states that the Department cannot pay the monthly benefit of the Retirement Insurance. It must be noted that the Social Security Retirement Insurance Plan stands on the support of two pillars; 1. The Contributions made by the employee and his employer as mandated by the Federal Insurance Contributions Act or FICA, and 2. The age of the plan subscriber for the subscriber is paid a monthly benefit after attaining a predetermined qualifying age called the ‘full retirement age’. All employees working in the US are required by the Federal Law to subscribe to this SSA Retirement Insurance with or without immigration status. For example, an US citizen who may not have earned enough ‘Credits’ and who may not have reached the qualifying age( currently at 66-years), is not eligible to apply for this Retirement Benefit. The Rules for Lawful presence in the US do not establish the eligibility criteria to subscribe and contribute to the Social Security Public Trust Fund. For that reason, it may be said that the Rules for Lawful presence in the US have the legal intent to establish the eligibility criteria for paying the monthly Retirement Benefit if the applicant is not physically residing in the US. These Rules for Lawful presence in the US make distinction between US citizens and other US residents. The US citizens and other residents with the status called Lawful presence can continue to receive the monthly Retirement Benefit even when they depart from the US to establish residence in another country. The US residents who qualify for receiving the Retirement Benefit have to continue their residence in the US to get the monthly payment.
3. The Part-3 of the Decision reads, “We may begin to pay your benefits if your alien status changes or if you leave the US.” This part of the Decision is a blatant lie. The statement that “We may begin to pay your benefits…… if you leave the US” is illegal for it is not supported by the US Law. SSA must cite the US Law that may authorize the Department to begin the monthly payment of Retirement Benefit if the applicant leaves the US. This part of the Decision is invalid for it is mischievous, misleading, and deliberately distorts the truth to deceive the applicant and to induce the applicant to leave the US under a false pretext.
THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE NOTICE OF AWARD, DATE. AUGUST 16, 2014:
I am asking my readers to behold the Senior Alien who has to live and experience the consequences of the Notice of Award sent by Harold Washington Social Security Center. A number of provisions in the US Code target the problems of Involuntary Servitude, Slavery, and Forced Labor. These provisions are contained in Chapter 77 of Title 18. Section 1581 prohibits using force, the threat of force, or the threat of legal coercion to compel a person to work against his/her will. Section 1584 of Title 18 makes it unlawful to hold a person in a condition of Slavery, that is a condition of compulsory service or labor against his/her will by use of actual force, threats of force, or threats of legal coercion. Section 1584 also prohibits compelling a person to work against his will by creating a “Climate of Fear” through the use of force, the threat of force, or the threat of legal coercion( i.e., if you don’t work, I’ll call the Immigration officials) which is sufficient to compel service against a person’s will. Section 1589 deals with Forced Labor and it broadens definition of the kinds of coercion that might result in Forced Labor, whoever knowingly provides or obtains the labor or services of a person. 1. By threats of serious harm to or physical restraint against that person or another person, 2. By means of any scheme, plan, or pattern intended to cause the person to believe that if the person did not perform such labor or services, that person or another person would suffer serious harm or physical restraint; or 3. By means of the abuse or threatened abuse of Law or the Legal Process.
The Notice of Award violates the provisions contained in Chapter 77 of Title 18 US Code. Social Security Administration is using the force of its authority over the payment of monthly Retirement Benefit to legally coerce the Senior Alien to perform labor against his will if he desires to live in the US. The Decision not to pay the monthly benefit that is duly approved creates a “Climate of Fear” and the applicant is told that he has no legal right to his property for he has no Lawful status in the US. If this Decision is upheld, the Senior Alien will be forced to live in the condition named Slavery for the Government Agency has the power to withhold the Senior Alien’s property invested in the Social Security Public Trust Fund. In other words, the Notice of Award has communicated a Decision that causes the demise of the Emancipation Proclamation that abolished Slavery in the US.