SPECIAL FRONTIER FORCE – OPERATION EAGLE – GALLANTRY AWARD:
103, Second Floor, Vamsi Residency,
Sri Ram Nagar Colony, Manikonda,
Hyderabad, A.P. – 500 089.
The Prime Minister Of India,
I request you to consider my brother’s letter to you. I hope that you will take appropriate steps to review the long pending case of my brother Mr. R.Rudra Narasimham. Gallantry Awards should be presented by the Nation as a mark of respect for the Service rendered to the Motherland. Justice delayed is considered as Justice denied.
I expect Justice to my brother from you in this case.
Subject:- Operation Eagle – Military Operation of 1971 in Chittagong Hill Tracts – Prime Minister Indira Gandhi – The Cabinet Secretariat – “The Past is Never Dead.” – Regarding.
Reference:- Government of India Ministry of Defence Letter No. 3533/2009/D ( Cer ) dated 2nd/3rd December, 2009.
1. Kindly direct the Under Secretary ( Cer ), Ministry of Defence, Government of India to take action as per the citation initiated by my Unit while I had participated in Operation Eagle under the authority sanctioned by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India during 1971.
2.This military Operation was not ordered by the Defence Minister, and was not planned or executed by the orders that were issued by the Army Headquarters, Ministry of Defence,
3. Army Headquarters, and the Medical Directorate( DMS-Army ) had taken action during 1971 to send me on deputation to Special Frontier Force. They have no jurisdiction to invalidate the action taken by my Unit during its participation in Operation Eagle. Kindly ask me for any further clarification or information about the nature of military act for which my Unit recommended my name for the Award of ‘Vir Chakra’ Gallantry Award.
4. Ministry of Defence Army Headquarters has no legal authority to refuse the sanction of this gallantry award. Army Hqrs may be informed of the fact and the nature of military service rendered by me while I was on deputation at Hq Establishment No. 22 of Special Frontier Force. To conduct the Military Operation of 1971 in Chittagong Hill Tracts, we have taken orders direct from the Prime Minister and the Cabinet Secretariat.
5. I would ask you to uphold the dignity of the Prime Minister’s Office. The actions taken by the Cabinet Secretariat should be treated with respect by the Ministry of Defence and Army Hqrs.
6. Thanking You,
R. Rudra Narasimham, B.Sc., M.B.B.S.,
Service Number – MR-03277K MAJOR AMC/DPC
Service Number – MS-8466 Lieutenant/Captain AMC/SSC
Medical Officer South Column Operation Eagle 1971 Headquarters Establishment No.22 C/O 56 APO
THE RESPONSE FROM GOVERNMENT OF INDIA :
- Operation Eagle – a Letter to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh (Bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- A Letter to the Living Tibetan Spirits (Bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Operation Eagle – a Letter to Union Minister of State for Defence (Bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Operation Eagle – Registration of Public Grievance (Bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- The Battle Plan of Operation Eagle – Permission for Disclosure (Bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Operation Eagle – Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971 (Bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Special Frontier Force-operation Eagle-gallantry Award (bhavanajagat.com)