SPECIAL FRONTIER FORCE – OPERATION EAGLE – GALLANTRY AWARD:
Subject:- Operation Eagle – Military Operation of 1971 in the Chittagong Hill Tracts – Prime Minister Indira Gandhi – The Cabinet Secretariat – “The Past is Never Dead.” – Regarding.
Reference:- Government of India Ministry of Defence Letter No. 3533/2009/D ( Cer ) dated 2nd/3rd December 2009.
1. Kindly direct the Under Secretary (Cer), Ministry of Defence, Government of India to take action as per the citation initiated by my South Column Unit while I participated in Operation Eagle under the authority sanctioned by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India during 1971.
2. This military Operation was not ordered by the Defence Minister and was not planned or executed by the orders issued by the Army Headquarters.
3. The Ministry of Defence, Army Headquarters, and the Director of Medical Services (Army ) took action during 1971 to send me on deputation to Special Frontier Force. They have no jurisdiction to invalidate the action taken by my South Column Unit during its participation in Operation Eagle. Kindly ask me for any further clarification or information about the nature of military action for which my South Column Unit recommended my name for the Gallantry Award -Vir Chakra.
4. Ministry of Defence and Army Headquarters have no legal authority to refuse the sanction of this gallantry award. Army Hqrs may be informed of the fact and the nature of military service rendered by me while I was on deputation at Hq Establishment No. 22 of Special Frontier Force. To conduct the Military Operation of 1971 in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, we have taken orders directly from the Prime Minister and the Cabinet Secretariat.
5. I would ask you to uphold the dignity of the Prime Minister’s Office. The actions taken by the Cabinet Secretariat should be treated with respect by the Ministry of Defence and Army Hqrs.
7. Thanking You,
R. R. Narasimham, B.Sc., M.B.B.S.,
Service Number: MR-03277K MAJOR AMC/PC
Service Number: MS-8466 Captain AMC/SSC
Medical Officer South Column Operation Eagle
Headquarters Establishment Number 22 C/O 56 A P O
Leave a comment